Wednesday, December 9, 2009

One Day More

At this point, I am physically drained from three days of being locked up in my room with the Long Essay. My body aches from being crunched up in front of my computer. I am at 3,486 words, leaving very little to go. My Oxford friends who have written theses and dissertations with word counts in the five digit range smiled at me last week saying, "4,000 words--that's not so bad." True, it isn't. But after three-and-a-half months of course work and fifteen other essays, I feel I have a right to pessimism. All shall be well, as always, but since this is the first time I've felt bogged down by anything academic this term, I thought it right to express my sentiments so that the full range of my Oxford experience is recorded.

And I shall be done tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I trust the last one came out well. Hope you're enjoying your last days!

    ReplyDelete