Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Swing Dancing

















I have absolutely loved swing dancing every week.


Occasionally during the week, I get the Gershwin song "I'd Rather Charleston" stuck in my head, specifically the version found in Kenneth Branagh's movie version of Shakespeare's Love's Labor's Lost, in which he mixes Gershwin-era songs with the play, which completely works. The link below goes to the clip of that song. The play focuses on four guys who swear an oath to fast one day a week, eat but one meal all the other days, sleep only three hours a night, never be seen to yawn, and never be in the presence of a woman for three years so that they can focus on studying.
(I found it a rather fitting film to watch while at Oxford.)

1 comment:

  1. Swing dancing!
    I'm so excited to learn Lindy Hop from you :)
    I'll see you... sooner rather than later, I'm sure. I can't believe you're already coming back. I'll pray for safe travels.
    -janelle

    ReplyDelete